Typically ships out within three business days.
The original Rayen School, which still stands today at 120 W. Wood Street, opened it’s doors to students in September of 1866. This building is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In response to expanding enrollment, a larger School building was erected on the upper North Side of Youngstown in 1922 at 250 Benita Ave.
“Although Rayen continued to maintain high academic standards, the school was adversely affected by trends that disrupted many other urban institutions. Beginning in the post-World War II era, urban depopulation and the decline of Youngstown's manufacturing sector contributed to challenges such as falling enrollment and reduced funding.” Due to these circumstances the school was closed after the 2006-07 school year. During the school’s history of over 140 years, Rayen graduated over 50,000 students. The Tigers also won an OHSAA State title in Boys’ Basketball in 1985.
“Rayen’s football stadium, built in 1924, was the site of a significant development in American football history. The first ever penalty flag was thrown at the stadium in 1941, when it served as home field for then Youngstown College. Youngstown College coach Dwight "Dike" Beede created the flag to replace the alarms that were generally used at the time.”
The High School on Benita Ave. was demolished in 2008, however, the football stadium was renovated in 2012. Now named “Jack Antonucci Field” in honor of the school’s former all-city athlete and also for Rayen alumns who played at the original stadium. The reopening of this stadium has given the Youngstown City Varsity Football teams a true home field to play on for the first time since 1993.
- Tri-Blend (50% Polyester, 25% Cotton, 25% Rayon) construction
- Everything you love about the fit, feel and durability of a vintage T-shirt.